Monday, August 15, 2005

Experience with Thai Airways

This was my second visit to USA, i was going to join the same client after one month vacation. I asked in my office to book the ticket to the airline thorugh which i can reach to USA ASAP. Because i also wants to enjoy one day vacation in the USA also.

But due to my laziness and other's carelessness, i could not get reservation in the best flight as per my office staff told me. So finally i got the reservation on the Thai Airways. As this was the first time i was on thai airways so i was having no idea how bad it can be.

Things start going worse from the begining when i heard the anouncer to say that filght has been delayed by two and half hours. So i started the flight at 2:00 insted of 11:30. Now reservation of flight was such that i had to catch another flight at BangKonk at 7:00 in the morning. But due to delay at New Delhi itself we reached to BangKonk at 9:00. Till then our flight has gone and we were now depend on the thai-airways staff to provide us next flight to board on.

Initially behaviour of staff was good, and they also informed us that you would get the flight of 12:30 from some other airways (i don't remember name now). Till then you can enjoy the breakfast. I was happy with their service till 12:30. Now real things starts, there were not enough seat available on that airways so that they can accomodate all of us. So they gave us two options, first option for those who wants to go early with several more stops they can catch that airline and second option was, to wait for china airways if they wants everything right.

So i and few fellow decided to wait for china airways. This flight was at 4:30 so we have to wait for another four hours. I was not feeling hungry at that time around 1:00 as i had some big breakfast. But after one and half hour i was feeling hungry so i asked for them to provide me another coupan to get the lunch as they had given for breakfast. Staff manager has denied to provide the coupan and told me that now flight time is just after one and half hour so instead of trying for lunch i should rush for flight although flight was about to came on the same airport as airport was also not big.

So i searched for fellow whom i was with in the morning during breakfast. Soon i found them and i told them the whole situation, One of them was quite experience, he told me not to worry and said give me the blue pen if i had. He had update my ticket number and name on the coupan for lunch. So i had lunch with them.

Now after lunch we were having only 30 minutes left so we rush for the flight and board for Taipe (In Taiwan). After reaching to Taipe we have to catch another flight that was going to Los Angeles. That flight was after an hour. So when we reached to that terminal, security staff stopped us and said please wait till we confirm weather you are having the reservation on this flight or not. After 10 minutes one guy came with fax and told them that four people are in the list. So we got success to board into the flight for Los Angeles.

Now in Los Angeles, two of my fellow have left for Los Angeles itself as that was their destinaiton. but me and another person (one rawandian girl who was studying engineering in Noida) had to catch another flight for San Francisco. This flight was the domestic one. It was again after two hours, So i finished my VISA related formalities there and collected the luggage and came out for domestic airport after getting the direction help from one of the Airport Staff.

Now at domestic airport there was lot of people there and so much rush, Also there was a big queue there. after waiting in the queue for one hour when I reached to the air-port security staff to provide me the ticket, they asked me weather i had rebooked my flight as i had missed my flight. After telling them the whole situation, they told me that as there are not enough seats available on this flight and no advance booking has been done for me by the thai airways, i have to wait till morning 6:45 for the next flight to San Francisco. I had no other option left rather than waiting for the next flight at Los Angeles from 10:00 PM night till 6:45 AM in the morning.

So i caught the flight to San Francisco 6:45 in the morning and reached here in SFO at 8:30. After collecting my luggage at the SFO airport i found that Air port staff at Los Angeles had broken all my locks on the luggage bag and searched everything inside the bag, also broke few packets of beans and they were all mixed up in each. I was so upset that i decided to complain but when i opened my beg to recheck if any thing is missing, i found a piece of paper indicating that this has been done by the Air line staff for my safety:). I could not do any thing. I collected my luggage and catch the BART and came home.

So that was my experience i got faced due to carelessness of Thai Airways. Now instead of enjoying vacation at the SFO i was preparing myslef to go to office. Although i didn't go that day. But I have now deicided never to use Thai airways in my future life.

No comments: